Earn 5300 points upon purchasing this product.
Buttercup Original Cough Syrup 75ml
A traditional herbal medicinal product used for the relief of coughs, colds and sore throats based on long standing use as a traditional herbal remedy.
Soothing and non-drowsy
Adults and children over 12 years of age
How to use
For oral use only. Shake bottle before use.
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years: Two 5ml spoonfuls three times a day and at bedtime, if the cough is troublesome. Do not use for more than one week.
DO NOT EXCEED THE STATED DOSE.
If exceeded consult your doctor immediately. If difficulty breathing, fever or blood in your saliva occurs, or if symptoms worsen or persist after one week, consult your doctor or qualified healthcare practitioner.
Hazards and Cautions
Before taking this medicine:
Do not use this medicine:
- if you are allergic to any of the ingredients or to menthol
- if you are under 12 years of age
- if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- if you are taking any medicines known to interact with alcohol (e.g. metronidazole)
Contains alcohol and therefore may impair ability to drive or operate machines. If affected do not drive or use machines.
Important information about some ingredients:
This medicine contains:
- sucrose, fructose and glucose (as partial invert syrup). If you have an intolerance to some sugars, consult your doctor before taking this product
- carmoisine (E122), Sunset Yellow (E110), sodium methyl hydroxybenzoate (E219) and sodium propyl hydroxybenzoate (E217) which may cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed) e.g. itching, swelling of tongue, lips, eyes and hands, and wheeziness. If this happens seek medical help immediately.
- 2.3% ethanol (alcohol) or 182 mg per 10 ml dose (equivalent to 4.6 ml beer or 1.8 ml wine). This may be harmful for those suffering from alchoholism and should be considered if you are pregnant, breast feeding, have liver disease or epilepsy.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH AND SIGHT OF CHILDREN
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Squill liquid extract, Capsicum tincture
Active ingredients: Each 5ml of syrup contains: 3.1 microlitres of extract (as liquid extract) from Squill bulb (Drimia maritima (L.) Stearn.) (1:1) Extraction solvent: Ethanol 65% v/v 2.5 microlitres of tincture from Capsicum Oleoresin
(Capsicum annuum L. var. minimum (Miller) Heiser) (1:10) Extraction solvent: Ethanol 96% v/v
Also contains: Acacia powder, caramel colour (E150), ethanol, levomenthol, clove oil, peppermint oil, sodium methyl hydroxybenzoate (E219), sodium propyl hydroxybenzoate (E217), aniseed flavour, purified water, carmoisine (E122), Sunset Yellow (E110), strong ginger tincture (ginger, ethanol, water), acetic acid, saccharin sodium, partial invert syrup (sucrose, fructose and
Please always read product packaging and label before use.
There are no reviews yet.